Thursday, January 21, 2021

A DC Reporter Looks Back After a Riot Shocked the World

     
Robin Chapman served as a reporter in Washington D.C. covering national and local news for WJLA-TV, the ABC affiliate. She later worked as national correspondent for Group W TV.  In photo right, Robin prepares to go live from the "swamp site" on Capitol Hill.

I still have a hard time processing what happened on Capitol Hill, January 6, 2020. I was lucky to spend some of my career there covering the news in what I have long considered a post-graduate course in how United States government works. I never live up to my own expectations and, looking back, often think how I should have and could have done so much during my years in the capital. 

After the riot that shocked the world there, I had to sit down and write about it--just to help myself process what happened. Here's what I wrote for hometown paper in Silicon Valley. 


No comments: