Thursday, August 1, 2019

Green Space and A Community's Story at the Heart of a Town

We gathered eighty people to celebrate Heritage Orchard's very first sign. It was a day to celebrate!

I confess that I have loved apricot trees of all sizes and shapes since I grew up surrounded by them in the small community of Los Altos, California. I left my hometown after graduate school, and spent many years away, working as a journalist.

Returning home to care for my parents, I reconnected with my roots: and some of those roots were connected to the orchards--now dwindling--that I loved. 

Our Los Altos Heritage Orchard just got its very first sign, thanks to the efforts of residents. Here's a piece I wrote about that for our local newspaper. Just click the link below:

A NEW SIGN FOR THE LOS ALTOS HERITAGE ORCHARD

Subscribe to Robin Chapman News

No comments: