Saturday, July 30, 2022

Look for "Valley of Heart's Delight" in SC Valley Media


You can go to the web site of the Palo Alto Daily Post for Saturday 7/30/22 and read a higher resolution version of this (which I converted from a PDF). l have links below and excerpts for other articles about the book. 

My new book about the San Francisco Bay Area came out on July 25, 2022, and one thing I can say for certain: it is easier to get coverage for a third book, than it is for the first one. As a writer, I now have a track record with two other books and reporters know the work is credible (and, I like to think, likable as well). This has helped my new book gain attention more quickly. 

Here's the first review I received, which arrived on the publication date, thanks to veteran journalist Craig MacDonald at See California: Valley of Heart's Delight Review

Here's a brief piece in the Los Altos Town Crier: Los Altos Town Crier Article

Here's what award-winning columnist Sal Pizarro had to say in the San Jose Mercury News on Friday 7/29/2022. (Since their web site charges for membership, I've just excerpted it):

"GOOD READ ON HISTORY: Author Robin Chapman has completed a trilogy of historical stories about the Santa Clara Valley with her latest book, “The Valley of Heart’s Delight: True Tales from Around the Bay.” The collection of stories covers some of the interesting people and events that happened here in the 20th century, with tales about celebrities like Bing Crosby, Alfred Hitchcock and Esther Williams, as well as more local legends like Juana Briones and Lope Inigo.

It’s a great companion to the previous works by the Santa Clara Valley native, “California Apricots: The Lost Orchards of Silicon Valley” and “Historic Bay Area Visionaries.” Chapman will appear July 31 at Recycle Bookstore in Campbell at 11 a.m., which will be followed by talks or book signings at Feldman’s Books in Menlo Park on Aug. 5 and Books Inc. in Mountain View on Aug. 11."

I have one more article to post, by Carol Gerwitz at the Campbell Press, but it isn't posted yet and it is too long for me to paste here. I'll post a link to it as soon as it is on line. Meanwhile, thanks to all my colleagues in the press for giving my new book some of their time. I think their readers will be happy they did! It certainly gave me a boost. Even a small book takes a long time to write and get right and it often feels like a lonely process. When it comes out, it is nice to celebrate. Hope you enjoy!
    
Did I mention it is for sale on Amazon right now?
Hope you enjoy. 


No comments: