Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Silicon Valley Celebrates 1939 at Historic Palo Alto Theater

Any film festival that includes "The Hound of the Baskervilles" is something worth considering.

If you would like a chance to step out of today and look at how the movies viewed our world eighty years ago, here is your chance to step into a Time Machine and whisk yourself away. A classic theater showing classic films is a wonderful place to find respite from the troubles of today.

Judy, Judy, Judy. We wish you had not been so unhappy. 

My choice is the Stanford Theatre in Palo Alto, California. But you may have a classic theater in your neighborhood too. I hope you will support it and enjoy it as a treasure. I have loved these films all my life and all them were of my parents and grandparents generation. But they have endured, haven't they? Here is a recent piece I wrote about the Stanford Theatre for our local newspaper. Their programs are always first rate and this one on 1939 is especially so.  Just click the link to read the piece:









No comments: