Thursday, October 24, 2019

Flying at Moffett (NUQ) with POTUS, Dad and Navy

My father and I at Moffett Field in 1987, 
getting ready for the only civil aviation flight I took with him.

Sometimes a single photograph in our lives will remind us of a tale about a day that had a sweetness to it. Glancing through an album in recent days, I came across the picture (above) taken on the only day I ever flew in a plane in which my father was the pilot. 

Look under the entry for 9/9. Once you've read the story it will make sense!

I was able to confirm the date we flew by looking in my father's Pilot Log Book, which all pilots keep of every single flight they take. It turned out there was another interesting story there as well. Click the link for my article in the Los Altos Town Crier:

Subscribe to Robin Chapman News

No comments: