Thursday, June 17, 2010

Garage Sale Alert! My House!

A photo of the garage sale stuff, before we had completed the "fluffing."

If you live in Northern California, don't waste your time this weekend going to see Tiger Woods at Pebble Beach. Come have a ball at my family's garage sale.

I say "my family's garage sale" because I refused to be in charge of it and told my sister if she wanted to have one, I would be happy to be "staff only." I thought of leaving the country, but decided that wouldn't be sporting.

An array of baskets we will have for sale, including a wicker reindeer, something I'll bet you will wish you had at Christmas this year!

Holy cow, you ought to see the stuff. Of course I have seen the stuff. I saw it the first time I cleaned out the closets, after the deaths of both my parents. At that time I wrote that sorting through the memorabilia, clothes, knickknacks and collectibles was a cross between a treasure hunt and a nervous breakdown. A lot of the things I didn't want, I piled in the garage. This week I saw them a second time as we have sorted and priced them for the weekend.

This is one of the more interesting items we have for sale: we don't know where our mother got the dead fox fur, but we suspect she bought it at a garage sale, so we feel we are only recycling it. It has a dubious odor.

A gargantuan pipe wrench. What did Dad use it for? A pretty gray coat we remember our mother wearing when we were children: gathered in the back with a half belt. So classy. Pieces of chairs. Skeletons of chairs. Old chairs. Chairs you might like that I don't particularly. Picture frames. More picture frames. And more and more.



We have a lot of stuff.

That is Mom's checked coat. The red jacket goes to a suit I wore as an ROTC Colonel's Coed at U.C. Santa Barbara.

My sister and her husband are out putting up the signs around Los Altos, even as I wrote this. If you want an old IBM Selectric typewriter, or can give that old fox a home, please stop in. Bring your own coffee. And please: don't walk on the grass!

Garage sale at 911 Echo Drive, Los Altos, California 94024. Friday, June 18, 2010and Saturday, June 19, 2010, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. Cash only.

The fabulous Mr. Fox resting on the old IBM Selectric as he gets ready to find a new home at the Chapman/Friday/Saturday Garage Sale.

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe to Robin Chapman News

No comments: